Pages

Saturday, February 11, 2012

18 weeks


Being a mom nowadays has left me feeling forgetful. Huhu. There is so much to do during the day..its seems like 24 hours is never enough. Alhamdulillah...motherhood has been a bit more manageable since Aqil is getting older. But nevertheless, given the experiences that I have gone through, now I know taking care of a baby is and SHOULD be more easier than taking care of a toddler. (It took me about 2 years to find that out..hmpph~)

I'm 18 weeks along now. This pregnancy have been a bit easier on me. Dunno la if it's because the 2nd time round or what. But Alhamdulillah I didn't throw up as much as when I had Aqil. Back then, toilet JJ AU2 was my saviour for throwing up after coming back from work. My morning sickness phase gradually went away by the 2nd trimester. Now I only throw up if I tak jaga makan or perut masuk angin.

me@18 weeks


During the 1st trimester I also felt nauseated whenever I tried to cook. So I took some time off from that for a few months. Even the mere smell of scrambled eggs was enough to turn me off. My favourite dishes was also not becoming my favourite anymore. I threw up if I eat tauhu or eggs..my always and forever staple food. Now I crave for fish. I am sooo not a fish person. But this pregnancy had cravings for fish. Ikan siakap steam masak limau. Ikan siakap tiga rasa. Ikan merah/jenahak masak kuning2 cili api ke ape entah tu..masak padang kot. Slurppsss. Alhamdulillah..now in my 2nd trimester I can cook dah. The nausea has passed.

Back then when I was pregnant with Aqil I would buy McD's choc sundae almost every nite. Yummss~ No wonder I gained a lot and never slimmed down. Haha. Now I crave for homemade mango ice blended. Slurpss. Almost everynight I would peel 1 biji mango put some ice and water and blend all together. Walla~ Freshly made mango blended. A bit healthier than a choc sundae la kan? Naseb baek tak crave choc sundae tu dah :p

back then...
now

No comments: