Pages

Monday, June 18, 2012

How I Met Your Father (Part 1)

*this is a 3 part mini-series on How I Met Your Father*

Kids (soon to be kidS...right now..I only technically have 1 kid :p)....this is a story of how I met your father. It's in the wee hours of the morning and I feel mushy.

Kids...it was the month of August 2008.

It was nearing Ramadhan and people everywhere were doing kenduri doa selamat to welcome the holy month. Your aunty, Mak Ngah was also preparing to leave for her studies in UK the following month. At that time, her friends were also busy doing kenduri doa selamat's and farewells before they left for their studies. Being the awesome sister that I am, I was appointed to be her driver for the day to get her to her friends houses here and there for their kenduris and farewells and whatnots.

It was a Sunday morning, 31st August 2008 to be exact. Our country was also celebrating Hari Merdeka on that day. I was home for the weekend from college. The first stop that morning was to pick up a few of her friends at Stesen Komuter UKM.

31 August 2008 was the day

You see kids, back then (during my schooldays) the komuter was our mode of transportation. It was the coolest thing back then. Travelling by komuter on your own (without parents) to KL or Midvalley or Mines were considered cool back then. It made you feel grown up. Anyway, we fetched a few of her friends and then headed to the first house in Sungai Merab. I forgot her friends name (dulu ingat but now dah lupe). After dropping them off, I headed to Alamanda to pass the time while waiting for your Mak Ngah.


After they were done, your Aunt called me to pick her up. Some of her friends stayed at Friend No 1's house while some were sent back to the commuter station. So there we were, only 3 person in the car. Your Aunt, her friend Ili and me. The next house they were going to was in Sungai Buloh. Since Ili lives in Subang Jaya, it was decided we will send her after they got back from the 2nd house. I thought I would go to OU after sending them off because it was nearby.

So off we went to the 2nd house. Next destination Sg Buloh. Unfortunately, for those of you who knows Sg Buloh, it is quite big and stretches from 1 end to the other. I thought the house that we were going to was Sg Buoh near to Damansara part, but it seemed that the one we we're going to was more near to the Kuala Selangor part, near Penjara Sg Buloh to be exact. Oh man..there goes my intention to go to OU. Anyway, after asking directions from Mak Ngah's friend's dad and sister we arrived at Desa Moccis via Guthrie Highway. Sg Buloh ni dekat hujung dunia. Huhu. So I thought that I would wait in the car while they went to the kenduri. I figured it wouldn't take that long.

So your Mak Ngah's friend Dalila came to our car to usher them in. I told your Aunt that I'd wait in the car but her friend Dalila insisted I come inside. As I ni pemalu orangnye..I declined her politely. Malu kot nak masuk and join. Besides I wasn't wearing proper kenduri clothes. I was told that the kenduri was for Dalila's farewell cum her dad's and sister's birthday cum her niece's (newborn) doa selamat. Huhu. Later, Dalila's dad came to the car and insisted me to come inside. Dah orang besar yang ajak, so I pon reluctantly got out of the car and followed them.

To be continued ......

No comments: